If you are using an external hard drive for extra storage on Mac, then you might want to know why wd drive not showing up mac then in this article, we will share the exact procedure to fix wd my passport not showing up on mac and all related information.
WD Drive Not Showing Up Mac
Lots of clients of Mac OS X complained about this issue in Apple support networks that wd drive not showing up mac. That is the alien hard drive appearing in the service of Disk however it is not appearing in Devices.
This issue likewise occurred after the update of OS X Yosemite. It’s a disappointing one after knowing this fact. Try not to stress over this. This article will you the best way to sort out this problem. Alright, Let’s discuss the solution of wd drive not showing up mac below in our explained guide.
Solution 1: Change the Settings of Preferences
- You have to install the Finder app and need to select the Preferences.
- You have to click on the General tab and need to choose External disks from the option of “Show these items on the Desktop”.
Solution 2: Change External Drive
- You need to install the Finder app and then have to go to the Go to Utility option.
- Then, at that point, you need to choose Disk Utility and pick the outer drive from the left sidebar.
- You have to click on Verify Disk to affirm the activity.
- It will detect and rectify a few small mistakes.
Solution 3: Check USB Hub
- Assuming you interfacing your external hard drive with Mac with the help of USB Hub, really look at the USB center point for any harm or any free connection.
Solution 4: Check with Another drive with your MAC
- You have to open the option of Disk Utility. Assuming that your external USB drive blurred/turned gray out and unmounted?
- You need to link another outer drive or Pen drive to the Mac. Yet, the drive isn’t identified?
- You need to eject from the list of Finder windows in a proper manner.
- Then, at that point, you have to Reboot your Mac and associate the external drive.
Solution 5: Use Go to Finder
- You need to install the Finder menu.
- Now, you need to choose the option of “Go to Finder”.
- You have to enter the external drive path that shows up under Disk Utility. Ex:/Volumes/sleek- disk.
Solution 6: Select the drive from the Favorite rundown
- Drive not appearing in Finder yet noticeable in Disk Utility?
- You need to visit the Finder window and view beneath the most favorite list.
- Assuming that the drive turned gray Out? Then you need to choose the drive. It could be noticeable.
Solution 7: Plugging and Unplugging the USB connector
- You need to shut down your Mac PC.
- Now, you need to Turn off the power line.
- Then, you have to Unplug all USB associations.
- You need to wait upto 30 seconds or 5 minutes after that you need to turn ON the power line back.
- You need to open your MacBook Pro or iMac.
- You need to plug the external drive just into the USB port.
- Now, you have to open Finder and really look at your drive.
Solution 8: Use Maintenance freeware
- You need to download and install the Onyx (upkeep freeware) or
- You need to run Kext_Utility.app.v2.6.1 and reboot your Mac computer.
Solution 9: Check your Drive Format
- Now and again this issue of wd drive not showing up mac could happen due to the format of the unsupported drive.
- You need to install the Microsoft NTFS for Mac with the help of Boysoft.
- Now, you need to Reboot your PC and really look at the issue.
Solution 10: Give First-Aid to your MAC
- The First-Aid choice tackles the issue with the Startup issue, External drive issue, and assisting with fixing corrupted files. To do that,
- From the Apple logo you need to choose the System Preferences.
- After choosing the Preferences system, you need to pick the option of Disk Utility.
- Now, you have to choose your External Hard Drive and give the First-Aid choice at the top.
- Then, at that point, you need to click on the Run option from the Pop-up.
- When it’s done, go to check if your wd drive not showing up mac or not.
In case the above strategies are not working?
- You have to install the new OSX Yosemite.
- You need to Associate your Seagate external drive or WD visa to a Windows PC.
- Now, you have to erase the segment and link back to the MacBook Pro.
We trust the above solutions for the error of wd drive not showing up mac will unquestionably assist with fixing the various issues of External hard drive. You can easily follow one of the solutions step by step to fix this error with the help of our mentioned above in-depth guide.
In the event that you are still facing any issue related to the above article then let us know through the comment section below.
You can also share this article with others who want to know the solution to fix this error by proceeding with the simple procedures.
Always stay connected with us and stay updated by reading more informative articles in the future and thanks for giving your precious time to this site.
Stay safe and stay connected.