There are no systems available in the market that has not faced any error ever. If you are a Windows 10 user then, you would have come across an error that says Service Host: Local System High CPU Usage on Windows 10.
The error occurs to notify you that the consumption of the memory is high and that is the reason it fails to respond to your actions. When you consume a lot of memory i.e. CPU or Disk usage then the system gets overloaded and could not respond properly.
Service Host: Local System High CPU
Here in this article, we will take you on a long technical tour in which we will introduce you to all the aspects of service host error and how it works. Not only that, later in this article, we will provide you with a tutorial that will help you to fix the error by yourself.
Service Host: Local System High CPU: Additional Information
there are several Windows 10 users who are constantly facing the problem with service host for which they have a serious complaints but nothing helped them. If you are one of them then, I would like to congratulate you that the problem you are facing with your Windows 10 will not last long.
In this article, we will provide you with all the possible methods which would surely help you to rectify the error. Not only that, you will get to learn about the service host and what causes this error on your system.
It is advised that before we go about the methods, we should have a better understanding of the error because it helps us to fix the error more confidently and more effectively. We have discussed around 3 methods which you have followed and if one method does not work for you and the error persisted then, you must switch to another.
What is Service Host?
The technical term for service host is Svchost.exe and it is a general view that services that run on your system are hosted by it. As the technology has evolved, Microsoft has also changed many functionalities of Windows services and converted DLL files to EXE files.
If we look from a programmer’s perspective then, this has made the coding more usable and reliable because the codes can be kept up to date. As we are familiar with a proverb that says – “one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel.” So is the case with service host.
Windows has lots of services and if one service fails to work it brings down all of the Windows. All the services are related to each other and one service host is there to host each group of services.
How to Fix Service Host: Local System High CPU Windows 10 Error?
Under this section, we are going to provide the most reliable and trusted methods to fix the error from your Windows 10. As you have got to know that it occurs because of the high consumption of memory or disk storage.
Follow each method carefully so that you will be able to correct the issue in one go.
Method 1: Turn Off Superfetch
The fact about Superfetch is that it decreases the boot time and makes the functioning of the programs a little hard. So, it has been observed that once you stop this service, your system might not face the disk performance issue.
- The first step in the process is to click on the Start menu and look for the Command Prompt option and click on that.
- From a new menu select Run as administrator and choose the Yes option.
- Then a Command prompt window will get appear where you need to type the following command – net.exe stop Supertech.
- Then hit the Enter key.
- Wait for sometime and observe if any change occurs in the performance.
- If not, then type the following command again – chkdsk.exe/f/r.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Lastly, type the Y to confirm.
Method 2: Through Windows Troubleshooting
As a matter of fact that Windows updates can also consume a lot of Disk Usage and promotes that error. By using this method, you can easily cure the problem.
- Firstly, click on the Windows icon key from your keyboard.
- From a dashboard, select the Control Panel option.
- You will see the category and from there, you need to select the System and Security option.
- Navigate for Security and maintenance and click on it.
- Select the Troubleshooting option.
- Click on Fix problems with windows update.
- Select the Next button.
- Lastly, select Try troubleshooting as an administrator.
If the Problem persisted, try the last option to fix the error.
Method 3: Remove Junk Files
We know that there are a lot of corrupted and unused files that we don’t need in our systems but still, they are there. We ignore such files and do not realize that such files are eating a lot of space in our system.
We would recommend you to use this free tool called EaseUS free partition tool that can help you fix the issue.
- Firstly, you need to download and install EaseUS Partition Master Free on your system.
- After the installation, go to Cleanup and Optimization and click on that.
- Then, select the Junk File Cleanup option.
- To scan and file the junk files, you need to click on Analyze button.
- You will get to the list of junk files and then clean them up.
- Lastly, you need to Reboot your system.
- After restarting, go to the Task Manager and see whether the disk usage “Service Host: Local System High CPU” is normal or not.
Trusted Video to Fix Service Host: Local System High CPU
- WD Drive Not Showing Up Mac
- This Extension Violates the Chrome Web Store Policy
Know More About This Error on Official Microsoft Forum – Click Here
We hope that you have learned to fix the Service Host: Local System High CPU Error from your Windows 10. In this article, we have covered almost all the aspects of the error which include the meaning of Service Host, the causes of the error, and the best possible solutions to fix them.
We would love to hear your experience which you can mention in the comments section below.